Friday, April 1, 2011

We Need to Talk

Do you consider yourself a good communicator?

I do but I'm always looking for ways to improve when it comes to talking with others whether it's my husband, my children, co-workers, or friends.

For me, it's easy to share a personal story, maybe a few fun facts, or something good that has brightened my day. I love to encourage others or tell them something that brings a smile to their face.

It's sharing the not-so-good news that I need help with. I normally beat around the bush or over explain myself. I tend to apologize profusely and drag things out instead of getting to the point. It's just really hard for me and I'm not good at it.

This morning I read a great article on Michael Hyatt's blog about this very topic. For those of you who don't know Michael Hyatt, he's the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing and a SUPER smart guy.

He shares 6 important suggestions we can follow when it comes to giving not-so-good news to someone else. I don't know about you but I need to start implementing these suggestions today!

If you're interested in reading the article (it's short, to the point, and won't take long at all) click here

Then hop back over to my blog and tell me what's the one thing you're choosing to apply today from what you've learn. I'd love to know!

Have a wonderful weekend sweet friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: