Monday, February 15, 2010

Feeling Invisible Lately?

Have you been feeling invisible lately?

Do you have days when you ask yourself, "Does anyone really notice all the work I do around here?" I sure do!

Each day I dedicate hours of my time making beds, washing clothes, running errands, preparing meals, scheduling appointments, returning phone calls, replying to emails but...

No one seems to notice.

No one says "thank you".

No one seems to really care.

I often wonder to myself what would really happen if I stopped doing all these things. How long would it take my family and others to notice? Would they begin to appreciate me then? Would they pitch in and help? Would they say thank you every once in a while?

Honestly, deep down inside I know that my family loves and appreciates me. And, there are many times that they tell me so. I can't allow my thoughts and attitude to be so self focused that I fall head first into a huge pity party while singing the "woe is me" chorus on my way down.

I need to remind myself that I'm not doing these things to win the approval or attention of others. I'm doing these things because it's what God has assigned for me each day. Honestly, I need to rejoice and thank Him for giving me the mental capacity and physical capability to accomplish what I perceive as mundane tasks instead of whining about it all the time.

This morning someone sent me a video that totally changed my perspective on God's assignment for my life.

My assignment as a wife.

My assignment as a mother.

My assignment as a friend.

My assignment as a woman in a world that seldom notices.

I'm praying that if God lead you to my blog today He will also prompt you to take a minute out of your hectic day and watch this video clip below. I'm trusting that He will change your perspective as you listen and watch a woman who believes she's invisible sometimes...just like you and me.

Click on the words below to watch the video...
The Invisible Woman

How do you feel now? I'd love to hear from you :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. My Mom shared her copy of the book/cd with me this Christmas. Such a great reminder. Several scriptures come to mind:

    2 Chron. 16:9- "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."

    Psalm 34:15&17- "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles."

    He really is enough!!!!! It is enough to bless His eyes, He cares, He sees... it is WHO he is, not just what he does... El Roi- The God who sees!! Be blessed!

    Dawn Perry

    ReplyDelete

Share your comment here: