Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Headline News Reports

Does watching the headlines news sometimes leave you feeling discouraged and frustrated?

Every morning I head to the gym for a quick workout before I start my day at the office. I always take my ear buds so I can listen to the news while pounding away some unwanted pounds on the treadmill.

For me, it's important to find out what's going on in the world and stay updated on the latest headlines. Hearing about the new fashion trends is always fun too!

Although I want to stay informed, I can sometimes get discouraged while watching the news. After 30 minutes of hearing about political disputes, fighting in the Middle East, natural disasters, and another disease outbreak, I'm ready to toss a 5 pound weight through the t.v. screen and run to the nearest coffee shop for a mocha latte and cinnamon roll.

It's then that I have to remind myself that although I live in a world that is so imperfect and scary at times, I serve an awesome God who has overcome it.

In John 16:33, Jesus tells us that the world is full of troubles and difficulties. But, He also says that we should take heart (be confident, courageous, assured) because He has overcome the world.

Sure, I can't dig a hole in the sand and stick my head in it to avoid knowing what's going on in this world. But, it's important for me to keep a healthy perspective and focus on the fact that God loves me, is always with me, and promises to take care of me no matter what is going on in the world around me.

Knowing these truths helps me stay confident, courageous, and assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: