Friday, May 11, 2012

I Give Up!

Do you ever have those moments when you just want to give up? Those moments when you're feeling like everything is out of control and you're frustrated at the world and everyone in it?

I've have so many of those moments this week. Too many to count.

In fact, I woke up this morning determined to have a good day (T.G.I.F.). Then the phone rang. More frustrating news. In a matter of minutes, I found myself back in that pit of frustration.

FRUSTRATION!

Circumstances beyond my control have choked the joy right out of my heart this week.  I've felt as though I've been held hostage by someone else's choices. Someone I really don't even know that well.

Sounds crazy? Yes!!

But... it's true. Or, so I "think" it's true.

A gentle whisper in my heart says "The real Truth is that you are not in control of this situation, I AM".

Let' me repeat that....

"The real Truth is that you are NOT in control of this situation, I AM."

So this morning I'm choosing to GIVE UP!

I'm giving up control of this frustrating situation and I'm handing it over to God.  He is the One who is in control of my life and He is the Only One that can truly do something about it.

I can't change the heart or decisions of someone else I hardly know. The someone who I "think" is holding me hostage today.

But, the truth is that God can.  Here is what He promises us today...

"The king’s heart is like streams of water. Both are under the Lord’s control. He turns them in any direction he chooses.  Proverbs 21:1 (God's Word Translation)

Oh, that gives me hope this morning! 

I'm going to write this verse on an index card and carry it around with me today. That way, when those frustrating thoughts and feelings rise up in my heart, I can focus on the truth that God has this whole situation under His perfect control.



Are you feeling frustrated this morning? Is there someone or something in your life that you think is holding you hostage? 

I want to encourage you to GIVE UP!

Give up control of your situation and hand it over to God. He loves you and knows what's best for you today! He wants to bless you and doesn't want you to be held hostage. We were created to worship Him - not to live in frustration, fear, and defeat. With God on our side, we can't loose.

Let's agree to pray for each other today.  

Let's ask for wisdom to make the right choices. Let's focus on the truth of God's Word that will breathe hope and joy into our circumstances.  Let's believe God's very best for our lives.

Are you with me?  Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: