Tuesday, November 6, 2012

In God We Trust

Election day...

For months we've been hearing about it, talking about it, praying about it, and preparing for it. What once seemed like a distant date on the 2012 calendar, is now upon us.  


Honestly, at times, I've felt like little Abby, wanting desperately for all the political commercials, news interviews, and election poll commentaries to be over with. I even thought about flushing my cell phone down the toilet last week when I received yet another one of those recorded advertisements. Are you receiving those too?



Yet, today there seems to be a sense of excitement and energy in the air. People are taking off early from work and heading to the polls. They appear eager and ready to cast their ballot to make a difference. I voted last week and waited in line for over an hour. I've heard reports of people waiting as long as three hours to cast their votes! 

When all the votes are tallied and the electoral numbers are counted, we'll witness history in the making. Tomorrow will be a happy day for some and a not-so-happy day for others. I'm not sure who will be our President for the next four years but I'm certain of this. No matter what happens, God is in control. He is sovereign and loves justice. He is faithful and will always take care of His children. No matter what, He remains in charge and nothing or no one can change that.  

Knowing this gives me hope and encourages me today.

If you wake up tomorrow morning and your candidate didn't win, I pray that you will also be encouraged by knowing this truth. The One who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present will rule and reign today and forever more.

Now that's good news!!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Leah! Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill! Our family is doing well and I hope your family is too. I love the pictures you're been posting on facebook. You have the most precious children!!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete

Share your comment here: