Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finishing Up Resolutions

I'm going to make this brief. After all, the last time I posted was on January 3rd. Days go by and I have a hard time keeping up. Can you relate?

The third part to my 2008 resolution was having a daily consistent quiet time with God. A lot of times women ask me "What does your quiet time look like?"

I can tell you with confidence that it is never the same. Sometimes I will read a devotional from Proverbs 31, Walk in the Word Ministries, or one from a favorite devotional book. Other times I'm in the middle of a particular study and just complete my assigned homework for that day. Another option would be to read a chapter from the Old Testament and New Testament. There are times when I put on a cd and just sing at the top of my lungs ( that's if nobody is home ). I may look over my pack of index cards that have scripture verses on them. There are even times when I just sit and talk with God about my "to do" list for that day. I ask Him to show me how to prioritize and plan then I wait and listen. I don't always receive a response right then and there but often times I do. It's the sitting still and not talking that is challenging for me. I'm working on that too.

I have to say that out of the three resolutions, this one is the most important to me and the one I have done the best at keeping. When I don't have my quiet time in the morning I can definitely tell the difference! So can my family or anyone that encounters me that day.

At first I really struggled with staying consistent but now I really look forward to this special time every morning. It sets my day off to a great start and helps me to remember what's really important in life.

As for 2009, my goal is to keep my 2008 resolutions and just improve on them. Especially the scrap booking and photo organization. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend of mine who sells Creative Memories. She gave me some helpful ideas on how to organize my photos. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: