Sunday, January 18, 2009

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

The other day I was taking my youngest son to the video store when he asked "Mom, where do stars come from?"

First, let me say that I love when one of my boys asks a question like this one. It tells me that they are thinking, contemplating, meditating on something that is out of the ordinary. Secondly, let me say that I have forgotten everything I learned in school about astronomy so I responded by saying "Well, I think God made the stars solely for His enjoyment and for ours too. Since He is a God of splendor and creativity, I think He is revealing His mighty hand at work through creation".

My son looked at me and said " Well, I think God creates a star every time a baby is born. It's His way of celebrating a baby's birth". Wow!!!! What an awesome answer from a little guy but he didn't stop there. Next he said "Just think about it mom. Since God put the biggest star in the sky the day baby Jesus was born, wouldn't he put a star in the sky for every baby that is born?"

To tell you the truth I never thought of it that way. More and more I find that my children are teaching me biblical truths instead of me teaching them. Maybe this is why God said we should all have child like faith. To see things through a child's perspective can teach us a thing or two. My son hasn't spent years doing in depth bible stories like I have yet he sees God's fingerprints in the world around him and then takes time to share what he sees with someone else. That someone happens to be me.

1 comment:

  1. Leah,

    Came over by way of Renee's blog. So nice to meet you after the email correspondance. :)

    Praying for health, wholeness and healing for you today.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comment here: