Monday, May 4, 2009

Farewell to Clark Rogers

Today Clark Rogers received the ultimate healing and went to meet with the Lord face to face this morning.

I was stunned when we got the news and although we had never met Clark, I grieved as is he was a good friend of the family. Honesty, he was a good friend of the family - the family of Christ.

I spent this morning trying really hard to busy myself with other things but as I folded clothes in my laundry room, still shocked from the news, I began to ask God why.

I started to reminisce about Friday's service and how awesome it was, Over 800 people showed up and the atmosphere was one of celebration not sadness. Over $25,000 was raised within 3 hours, which would go towards paying Clark's medical bills. The praise and worship was awesome.

I thought about the video clip we saw of Clark & Lisa which was taped just that morning. Although Clark looked very pale and thin, he was smiling from ear to ear and had an obvious sparkle in his eyes.

I told God " ya know, I thought we were attending a healing service" and he responded by saying "Leah, you attended a farewell party".

A smile came to my face as I thought about Clark's bigger than life personality. He wouldn't have wanted to say good bye any other way. I have no doubt that his celestial celebration in heaven is beyond our wildest imaginations.

Will Clark Rogers be missed?

Absolutely!

Did Clark receive his ultimate healing?

Absolutely!

Is Jesus Bigger than cancer?

Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: