Monday, June 22, 2009

What Now - Part Two

Yesterday, I shared with you my question to God about my accident.

"Lord, what are you trying to teach me?"

His response was simply this, "Surrender."

"Surrender what?"

As I sat still, God whispered in my heart that He did want to teach me about resting in Him but in order to do that successfully, I needed to learn how to surrender first.

Surrender to the fact that I my routine would have to change for a while.

Surrender to the fact I would not be able to accomplish as much as I had before.

Surrender to the fact that I'd have to rely on my boys to pick up after themselves and not pick up and straighten their rooms for them.

Surrender to the fact that I wouldn't be able to serve my husband with home cooked means but that he would be the one serving me has he cooked and cleaned up after dinner every night.

Surrender my time.

Surrender my plan.

Surrender control.

There was that word again.... C-O-N-T-R-O-L.

Something I have struggled with all my life. I have feeling God is going to teach me a lot over the next few weeks while I ice, elevate, medicated, rest and surrender.

What about you? Does surrendering come easy for you? Are you a controlling person like me? What has God shown you in His word or taught you through life experiences that has allowed you to relinquish unhealthy control patterns in your life. I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: