Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Testify in the Big Apple

Last week I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Virginia, New Jersey, and New York City with Testify. The entire week I got to watch over 100 teenagers share the love of Christ through song, dance, and drama to people of all ages and stages of life.
I certainly experienced a lot of "first time events" while traveling with these incredible teens. Here are only a few...
1. It was my very first time to New York City and I absolutely LOVED it!

2. It was my first time traveling with Brody and not having Keith and Carson with us. I loved getting to experience the Big Apple with Brody. We both love the raw energy and excitement of a big city. Keith on the other hand...not so much.

3. It was my first time going on a mission trip with teenagers. I typically stick to small children or adults when it comes to ministry stuff. I was really apprehensive as to whether or not these teens would connect with me. I was so wrong in my thinking.
4. It was my first time sleeping in a Motel 8 and The Loft hotel. Very different and sometimes strange but it sure created lots of funny moments and memories for all of us.

Here is part of the group practicing before one of their performances. Here is Brody and his friends goofing off from practice was over.
Having fun inside the NBA Store.
Waiting for the Staten Island Ferry to arrive.
N.Y.C. skyline - one of my favorite photos :)
Here is a picture of Brody with some of his friends in Rockefeller Center. Right below the wall they're leaning up against is the ice skating rink that you see on t.v. all the time.
These were my precious "daughters" for the week of tour. I had a family group of seven fabulous girls who all called me mommy, accepts for Barbara. She's exchange student from Germany and called me "mum". This was a dream come true for me since I'm a mother of two boys. We were getting ready to see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (another first for me). I just love these girls!!! Left to right: Caroline, Barbara, Ally, Madison, Hailey, Lauren, Natalie.
Goofing off at Grand Central Station.
Some billboards in Time Square...just incredible!
Brody and mum on the Staten Island Ferry.
I've always wanted to go to NYC and will remember this trip for a lifetime. What made it so special was traveling with Testify. They are a vibrant joyful group of teenagers that are not ashamed of the Gospel and love Jesus with all of their hearts.
Wow! What an experience it was...I'm ready to do it all over again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: